What is Blue Ocean?
Designed from the ground up for Jenkins Pipeline and compatible with Freestyle jobs, Blue Ocean reduces clutter and increases clarity for every member of your team.
Blue Ocean is a tool in the Continuous Integration category of a tech stack.
Blue Ocean is an open source tool with 2.6K GitHub stars and 481 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Blue Ocean's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Blue Ocean?
6 companies reportedly use Blue Ocean in their tech stacks, including IWB, Nexus, and Wbot.
64 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Blue Ocean.
Blue Ocean Integrations
Why developers like Blue Ocean?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Blue Ocean
Blue Ocean's Features
- Sophisticated visualizations of CD pipelines, allowing for fast and intuitive comprehension of software pipeline status.
- Pipeline editor (In Development) that makes automating CD pipelines approachable by guiding the user through an intuitive and visual process to create a pipeline.
- Personalization of the Jenkins UI to suit the role-based needs of each member of the DevOps team.
- Pinpoint precision when intervention is needed and/or issues arise. The Blue Ocean UI shows where in the pipeline attention is needed, facilitating exception handling and increasing productivity.
- Native integration for branch and pull requests enables maximum developer productivity when collaborating on code with others in GitHub and Bitbucket.
Blue Ocean Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Blue Ocean?
See all alternatives
It is both an imperative and functional programming language. Its syntax and general usage overlaps that of the interpreted Rebol language.
In a nutshell Jenkins CI is the leading open-source continuous integration server. Built with Java, it provides over 300 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
Continuous integration and delivery platform helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Offers a modern software development platform that lets teams ramp.
GitLab offers a continuous integration service. If you add a .gitlab-ci.yml file to the root directory of your repository, and configure your GitLab project to use a Runner, then each merge request or push triggers your CI pipeline.