What is CARTO?
The CARTO platform empowers everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. We accelerate innovation, power new use cases and disrupt business models through Location Intelligence.
CARTO is a tool in the Mapping APIs category of a tech stack.
CARTO is an open source tool with 2.4K GitHub stars and 634 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to CARTO's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses CARTO?
5 companies reportedly use CARTO in their tech stacks, including Worldsensing - Mobility, ZabCab, and erepublik.com.
25 developers on StackShare have stated that they use CARTO.
- Drag and drop data import allows you to create visualizations in seconds
- Make sense of your location data and power your business.
- Create beautiful visualizations with our easy to use design and styling tools.
- Run spatial analysis with no coding.
- Create dashboards to explore and filter your data.
- Share your visualizations securely with your team or publish them on the web.
- Integrate maps and geospatial analyses directly into your websites.
- Create Mobile applications with CARTO Mobile SDK.
CARTO Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to CARTO?
See all alternatives
We make it possible to pin travel spots on Pinterest, find restaurants on Foursquare, and visualize data on GitHub.
It is a geographic information system for working with maps and geographic information. It is used for creating and using maps, compiling geographic data, analyzing mapped information, sharing and much more.
Tableau can help anyone see and understand their data. Connect to almost any database, drag and drop to create visualizations, and share with a click.
Create rich applications and stunning visualisations of your data, leveraging the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and usability of Google Maps and a modern web platform that scales as you grow.