What is djangae?
Djangae (djan-gee) is a Django app that allows you to run Django applications on Google App Engine, including (if you want to) using Django's models with the App Engine Datastore as the underlying database.
djangae is a tool in the Platform as a Service Tools category of a tech stack.
djangae is an open source tool with 534 GitHub stars and 120 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to djangae's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses djangae?
Why developers like djangae?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use djangae
Be the first to leave a pro
- A WSGI middleware that provides a clean way via which your Django app is plugged into App Engine.
- A hook to allow App Engine's deferred tasks and mapreduce handlers to run through the same environment.
- The ability to use use the Datastore as the database for Django's models. See The Database Backend for details. You can also use App Engine's NDB, or you can use Google Cloud SQL (via the standard django MySQL backend) instead of or along side the Datastore. Or use all 3!
- djangae.contrib.gauth which provides user models (both concrete and extendable abstract versions), an auth backend, and a middleware
- which allow you to authenticate users using the App Engine's built-in Google Accounts authentication, and also allow you to use Django's permissions system on the Datastore (i.e. without being caught out by the Many-To-Many relationships).
- A runserver command which fires up the App Engine SDK to serve your app (while still using Django's code reloading).
- The ability to run management commands locally or on the remote App Engine Datastore.
- A shell command that correctly sets up the environment/database. (Note, we should support this set up for any custom commands as well, see TODO.md).
djangae Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to djangae?
See all alternatives
A Parse.com API compatible router package for Express. Read the announcement blog post here: http://blog.parse.com/announcements/introducing-parse-server-and-the-database-migration-tool/. Read the migration guide here: https://parse.com/docs/server/guide#migrating
React Native Firebase
RNFirebase is a light-weight layer sitting on-top of the native Firebase libraries for both iOS and Android which mirrors the Firebase Web SDK as closely as possible.
awscli is by far the most comprehensive CLI tool manipulating various AWS services, and I really like its flexible options and up-to-date release cycle. However, day-to-day AWS operations from my terminal don't need that much flexibility and that many services.
Nezumi for Heroku
Manage your Heroku apps on the go.
Adept Scale works by ingesting and processing an application’s syslog drain. With a few parameters found in the settings section, the Adept Scale calculation algorithm will recommend dyno usage and will scale your dynos if necessary.