What is Gravwell?
It is the most flexible full-stack analytics platform in the world. We excel at fusing disparate data sources such as firewall logs, end point event logs, network traffic, OT IDS logs, OT process data, threat feed data, etc. to create a central source of knowledge. Created in the IoT age we know modern data insights demand unlimited ingest and analysis capability for cybersecurity, IoT, business analytics, and more. We support a wide range of customers, from energy production, energy delivery, government, finance, and insurance to health and beauty products.
Gravwell is a tool in the Log Management category of a tech stack.
Who uses Gravwell?
Pros of Gravwell
Great customer support
Easy to use GUI
No storage-based pricing
Indexing on writes
Highly scalable and performant
Ingest native/raw data and query later
Query supports joins on binary data
- Ability for deployment in cloud, on-premises, or in an isolated on-premises network lacking outside network connectivity
- Capable of collecting disparate unstructured time-series data sources into a queryable data lake
- Enable data scientists to create custom analysis code/tools to be executed as part of a search pipeline or query system
- Analysts and data scientists have access to raw entry records for retroactive analysis and application of machine learning that did not exist at the time of collection
- Capable of data separation and fine-grained access controls for multi-tenancy
- Data collectors or agents are modifiable by the customer to enable processing, filtering, or enrichment before forwarding to the central store
- Massive scalability. Over 100 Terabytes a day is no problem.
- Unlimited data ingestion
- Unlimited retention
- Live Dashboards
- Secure and Proprietary
- Offline ("Cold") and online ("Hot") replication
- Region-aware redundancy
- Multi-tenancy Permissions & Unlimited user seats
- Binary data support
- Configurable data retention and automatic age-out
- Distributed web frontends
- Unlimited search count
Gravwell Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Gravwell?
See all alternatives
It provides the leading platform for Operational Intelligence. Customers use it to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine data.
Logstash is a tool for managing events and logs. You can use it to collect logs, parse them, and store them for later use (like, for searching). If you store them in Elasticsearch, you can view and analyze them with Kibana.
Papertrail helps detect, resolve, and avoid infrastructure problems using log messages. Papertrail's practicality comes from our own experience as sysadmins, developers, and entrepreneurs.
It is the acronym for three open source projects: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana. Elasticsearch is a search and analytics engine. Logstash is a server‑side data processing pipeline that ingests data from multiple sources simultaneously, transforms it, and then sends it to a "stash" like Elasticsearch. Kibana lets users visualize data with charts and graphs in Elasticsearch.
Centralize and aggregate all your log files for 100% visibility. Use our powerful query language to search through terabytes of log data to discover and analyze important information.