What is Kimono?
You don't need to write any code or install any software to extract data with Kimono. The easiest way to use Kimono is to add our bookmarklet to your browser's bookmark bar. Then go to the website you want to get data from and click the bookmarklet. Select the data you want and Kimono does the rest. We take care of hosting the APIs that you build with Kimono and running them on the schedule you specify. Use the API output in JSON or as CSV files that you can easily paste into a spreadsheet.
Kimono is a tool in the Web Scraping API category of a tech stack.
Who uses Kimono?
3 companies reportedly use Kimono in their tech stacks, including HigherMe, GetHelp.io, and knox.io.
9 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Kimono.
Why developers like Kimono?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Kimono
- Build an API in seconds with kimono to power your apps, models and visualizations with live data without writing any code
- The kimono smart extractor recognizes patterns in web content allowing you get the data you want quickly and visually
- We host your APIs and data in the cloud and run them on the schedule that's right for you
- We serve up cached data even if the source URL is down or the extractor fails
- App builder lets you create responsive web apps on top of your APIs without writing any code
Kimono Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Kimono?
See all alternatives
It is the most popular web scraping framework in Python. An open source and collaborative framework for extracting the data you need from websites. In a fast, simple, yet extensible way.
import.io is a free web-based platform that puts the power of the machine readable web in your hands. Using our tools you can create an API or crawl an entire website in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, no coding required.
It works with your favorite parser to provide idiomatic ways of navigating, searching, and modifying the parse tree. It commonly saves programmers hours or days of work.
Portia is an open source tool that lets you get data from websites. It facilitates and automates the process of data extraction. This visual web scraper works straight from your browser, so you don't need to download or install anything.