What is Knack?
Build simple web apps like a member directory, job listings, employee time tracking, business directory, contact directory, product catalogue, or equipment tracker.
Knack is a tool in the Low Code Platforms category of a tech stack.
Who uses Knack?
6 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Knack.
Why developers like Knack?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Knack
- No cookie-cutter software- define the exact data that your app needs.
- Easy data types like name, address, email, and more add structure and formatting to your data.
- Powerful options for formulas, equations, files, and images.
- Easy and flexible relationships to connect your data (including one-to-many and many-to-many)
- Import data from spreadsheets or add it manually.
- Inline editing for quick updates.
- Unlimited rules and filters to find the data you need.
- Export your data into CSV, TXT, or JSON files.
- Build the app interface for your users to view and manage your data.
- Simple drag-and-drop elements like tables, search, lists, and record details.
- Add and edit records with forms
- Complete flexibility to create the navigation and structure you want.
- Add users manually or have them register right from the app.
- Create different user roles and permissions.
- Assign specific data to users so they can log in and access it.
- Embed your apps right in your website or blog.
- Embedded apps adapt to your own design and integrate seamlessly.
- Publish different versions of your app for different audiences.
- Publish different version for web, tablets, and mobile.
- Open API for developers to securely access your data and extend your app.
- Designers can control the look and feel of your app with custom CSS.
- Each app can be completely customized upon request
Knack Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Knack?
See all alternatives
Working with Airtable is as fast and easy as editing a spreadsheet. But only Airtable is backed by the power of a full database, giving you rich features far beyond what a spreadsheet can offer.
Unique and powerful suite of software to run your entire business. It contains word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, note-taking, wikis, web conferencing, customer relationship management, project management, invoicing, and other applications.
It is a visual programming language that lets you build a fully-functional web app without writing code. Users have built marketplaces, CRM tools, social networks. Engineers can focus on new features and add them as plugins with code, while business people can focus on the customer-facing product.
Google App Maker
App Maker lets you develop powerful apps with relative ease. Create a model to manage your data, build a UI in the visual editor, use Apps Script to write some scripts, and you're on your way.
Blazor is a .NET web framework that runs in any browser. You author Blazor apps using C#/Razor and HTML.