What is Knack?
Build simple web apps like a member directory, job listings, employee time tracking, business directory, contact directory, product catalogue, or equipment tracker.
Knack is a tool in the Web App Builders category of a tech stack.
Who uses Knack?
5 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Knack.
Why developers like Knack?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Knack
- No cookie-cutter software- define the exact data that your app needs.
- Easy data types like name, address, email, and more add structure and formatting to your data.
- Powerful options for formulas, equations, files, and images.
- Easy and flexible relationships to connect your data (including one-to-many and many-to-many)
- Import data from spreadsheets or add it manually.
- Inline editing for quick updates.
- Unlimited rules and filters to find the data you need.
- Export your data into CSV, TXT, or JSON files.
- Build the app interface for your users to view and manage your data.
- Simple drag-and-drop elements like tables, search, lists, and record details.
- Add and edit records with forms
- Complete flexibility to create the navigation and structure you want.
- Add users manually or have them register right from the app.
- Create different user roles and permissions.
- Assign specific data to users so they can log in and access it.
- Embed your apps right in your website or blog.
- Embedded apps adapt to your own design and integrate seamlessly.
- Publish different versions of your app for different audiences.
- Publish different version for web, tablets, and mobile.
- Open API for developers to securely access your data and extend your app.
- Designers can control the look and feel of your app with custom CSS.
- Each app can be completely customized upon request
Knack Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Knack?
See all alternatives
Working with Airtable is as fast and easy as editing a spreadsheet. But only Airtable is backed by the power of a full database, giving you rich features far beyond what a spreadsheet can offer.
Unique and powerful suite of software to run your entire business. It contains word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, note-taking, wikis, web conferencing, customer relationship management, project management, invoicing, and other applications.
Google App Maker
App Maker lets you develop powerful apps with relative ease. Create a model to manage your data, build a UI in the visual editor, use Apps Script to write some scripts, and you're on your way.
The API-based development platform enabling developers to do 80% of the job in 1% of the time thanks to: out of the box APIs for users and data, one-click integration with any API, scalable infrastructure and SDKs. Build Rome in a day.
Blazor is a .NET web framework that runs in any browser. You author Blazor apps using C#/Razor and HTML.