What is Layer?
Layer's asynchronous messaging fabric is capable of transporting payloads of any type. Get your users talking with chat, voice or video messaging. Pull them back in with push. Connect friends, colleagues or perfect strangers seamlessly.
Layer is a tool in the Communications SDK category of a tech stack.
Who uses Layer?
4 companies reportedly use Layer in their tech stacks, including Photobucket, Hinge, and Petbnb.
7 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Layer.
Why developers like Layer?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Layer
- Send any message payload (photos, videos, location, json data, etc) up to 2GB
- Build your UI quickly with sample UI components to get started
- User-expected communication features work right out of the box (full message state tracking, typing indicators, read receipts)
- Pre-loading of content with background-synchronized state and metadata across devices
- Push notifications across platforms and devices with full control over display and delivery
- Handles offline mode and poor network conditions with network state management and performance handling
Layer Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Layer?
See all alternatives
Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites.
API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world.
It adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
Twilio API for WhatsApp
The Twilio API for WhatsApp provides developers all over the world with a simple, reliable, and officially supported way to use the WhatsApp Business API. They can now easily build messaging experiences that combine the ease of use of the Programmable SMS API with the global reach of WhatsApp.