Machine Learning Engineer Spring InternApply
At its core, 500px is a community of passionate photographers. We build a platform to enable and reward visual creativity. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
- High-growth startup
- Well funded by some of the best investors
- Open and diverse company in terms of culture
- Innovative engineering team, checkout
- In an awesome office in Toronto downtown core with catered lunches
We are looking for Machine Learning Engineer Spring interns (January-April 2018) to join our Innovation team and build services based on machine learning algorithms to power up 500px community. The major responsibilities are:
- Research on machine learning models, which can power photo rating, image search, image classification, recommendation engines, spam detection, etc.
- Build and maintain highly scalable backend services based on models we have built.
- Work with large scale data processing pipelines.
- Closely work with other developers to choose the best technologies and tools for new and existing services.
- Implement and analyze performance metrics, and how they affect business goals.
Ideally, you have:
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Python, Ruby and Go, or the ability to learn them quickly
- A desire to learn about new tools and technologies like AWS services, ElasticSearch, TensorFlow, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Passion for writing high-quality, maintainable and robust code
- Experience with software development tools (git, bug tracking) and *nix environments
Bonus points, if you:
- Love photography (please share links)
- Experience with high traffic websites, distributed systems, caching and large data processing
- Have contributed to open source projects (please share links)
- Submit this online application together with your solution to our code challenge.
- Technical interviews where you will have a chance to present your solution to the tech challenge and demonstrate your awesome skills.