Mobile Developer Intern (Winter: January to May)Apply
At its core, 500px is a community of passionate photographers. We build a platform to enable and reward visual creativity. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
- High-growth startup
- Well funded by some of the best investors
- Open and diverse company in terms of culture
- Innovative engineering team, checkout
- In an awesome office in Toronto downtown core with catered lunches
You’ll improve the mobile experience across all of 500px, without compromising on performance, usability or accessibility. You’ll take advantage of latest and greatest technologies available on iOS and Android platforms to help us build incredibly useful and innovative mobile apps that our users love. You’ll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, and by learning quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Improve 500px mobile experience for millions of users around the world
- Work closely with product and design teams to ensure consistent UX and polish across our entire cross-platform experience
- Be an advocate for mobile and innovate
- Love photography, please share you work
- Have experience publishing native apps to the major app stores
- An eye for platform-specific user experience guidelines, i.e. familiarity with best practices on either iOS or Android
- Flexibility, and a commitment to fix problems wherever they lie, regardless of tech stack
- Complete the coding challenge described here: https://github.com/500px/mobile-challenge
- Technical interview
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.