500px is an online community for sharing, discovery, buying and selling of high-quality photography. Every month, millions of people use the 500px.com website and mobile apps from around the world to find the world’s most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship and love what we do. We have an engineering-friendly culture where we value mentorship, ownership and getting stuff done. There are no strict boundaries between teams which means developers get involved in different projects.
Our technology stack includes: Ruby on Rails, Go, Backbone/Marionette, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, AWS, git, Xcode, and Eclipse. CI and testing tools such as Capybara, RSpec, Selenium, VirtualBox, JMeter, and ApacheBench. Check us out on Github!
QA developers at 500px help us maintain top notch user experience and system reliability. You will be working with the rest of the QA and development teams to help deliver a top quality product.
- Write and debug RSpec tests
- Perform integrity and regression testing using a combination of manual and automated techniques.
- Reproduce bugs as submitted by customers and work with other developers on providing resolutions.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and resolved.
- Configure and maintain CI servers
- Define test acceptance criteria for new and existing products/services.
- Debug intermittent errors in complex systems.
- Perform cross browser testing.
- Perform manual and automated mobile testing for iOS and Android.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of QA experience, including writing test cases.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of programming
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals.
- Experience with configuring, installing and troubleshooting software in a Windows and Unix environment.
- Web security and performance testing experience.
- Experience with code coverage tools and unit testing code bases.
- Mobile testing experience.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Sidekiq and Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Interesting technical challenges.
- Competitive salaries.
- Your choice of computer.
- Catered lunches and some of Toronto's best coffees and teas.
- Great health and dental benefits.
- Many professional development opportunities.