Software Developer in TestApply
Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship and love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, and getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: React, Redux, ES6, Ruby on Rails, Python, Go, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, and various Amazon AWS services. Check out our Engineering Blog for more.
500px, the world’s premier photography community, is looking for a Software Developer in Test to lead our automation testing efforts.
As a part of this role, you will be accountable for development and implementing our automated testing strategy across all of our tech stacks. Focusing on web frontend and middleware first you will be a critical part of our team and help reach our quality goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with various engineering teams and product owners to analyze and test new features.
- Create and update testing plans and test cases based on product features, requirements and prioritization from product team.
- Develop and optimize a continuous testing and integration solutions.
- Analyze results, produce weekly reports and help diagnose test failures.
- Provide guidance, feedback and support to engineering teams to improve code quality and testability.
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Ability to understand requirements and software architectures.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum and Kanban) development methodologies.
- Previous experience with automated testing either at the API level or UI level.
- Previous experience with at least one testing frameworks: Mocha, Chai, Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, etc. Bonus points for mobile testing frameworks: EarlGrey or Espresso.
- Previous experience with Jenkins.
- 3+ years general web development experience.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to find unconventional solutions to problems and open minded to innovation and new solutions.
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Code Challenge
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.