Data Visualization EngineerApply
The demand for communicating visual insights and data stories internally and externally at Airbnb has never been higher. However, designing and engineering accessible and effective visualizations or data-rich interfaces is not trivial and requires expertise that spans data, web engineering, and design. The Data Visualization team owns the intersection of these three areas.
Data Visualization is a new team that is highly cross-functional and has an ambitious vision. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define how Airbnb visualizes data and enable teams and users to make data-informed decisions.
Data Visualization Engineers will help build custom visualizations, data-rich user interfaces, and shared visualization components to help our guests, hosts, employees, and the broader Airbnb community see and reason about data. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage our massive datasets, work with the latest web technologies including d3 and React, and influence products ranging from pricing & availability, to guest engagement and host quality.
- Build visual interfaces, shared visualization components, and custom visualizations for communicating data
- Collaborate with Data Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of data visualization products
- Work with Data Engineers to build features
- Champion the relationship between Data Science, Design, and Product teams
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Guide principles for data visualization for all interfaces and tools
- A passion for data visualization and a keen design sense. You have a portfolio of work you’re excited to share but probably never completely satisfied with
- Solid UI and UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- History of filtering the signal from the noise in datasets and visually
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice
- Motivated and able to work independently, with a track record of developing an idea into a polished product
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...