Siri - Data Visualization Platform Manager, Data OrganizationApply
Job Summary: Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking?
The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices!
Within this organization, the mission of the Siri Data Visualization Platform team is to empower everyone in Siri to make data-informed decisions by democratizing data access. As the leader you will build and manage a team of software engineers with experience developing large-scale interactive & intuitive data exploration and visualization platform to enable fast and flexible access of data, and building proofs-of-concept visualization tools. This role requires partnering with all Siri teams.
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing interactive web-based applications for data visualization on large scale data.
- Experience leading and growing the team, with the ability to influence.
- Familiar with current open-source and commercial tools in data visualization.
- Practical experience in Python or Java with a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL technologies.
- Understanding of software development cycles and principles of User Interface design towards the delivery of effective visualization tools.
- Shown ability to excel in a dynamic development team.
- Proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong communication skills and experience working on multi-functional projects.
Description: The Siri Data Visualization Platform team is responsible for building a highly available and scalable visualization tooling to analyze billions of events generated daily from devices and our services. The visualization platform empowers Siri engineers to perform quick data exploration with the overarching goal of improving the quality of Siri.
As the manager of the Data Visualization Platform Manager, you will lead the team, design and implement a front end platform, while working with the back-end storage systems for reporting and analysis. You will work with our quality initiative leaders to ensure the platform is meeting the needs and iterate as well as innovate based on observations and requirements gathering.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual that combines deep technical knowledge with tight-knit collaboration and excellent communication skills. You should have a consistent record delivering user experience innovations in shipping applications.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of programming experience or equivalent.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 200042928 COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.