Site Reliability Engineer - Applied Machine Learning (Search)Apply
Job Summary: Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- Experience in managing large scale Solr clusters
- Experience in managing data ingestion pipelines for large search infrastructure
- Expertise in configuration management (such as Ansible, salt) for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or other JVM languages
- Have a strong interest in distributed computing systems, e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues
- Expert understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- The candidate should be adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
- Should be highly proactive with a keen focus on improving uptime availability of our mission-critical services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- Proficient in unix, command-line tools, and general system debugging
- The position requires solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with the open source technologies
Description: As an engineer on this team, you will participate in the design and architecture of variety of apps the team manages. You will provide the Infra, SRE and DevOps perspective to the design and architecture and steer the dev and DS team to produce applications that are disaster-proof, highly available, run at Apple-scale with absolutely no downtime while constantly exceeding the SLA. You will help them deliver the applications with minimal time-to-market at precisely the resource footprint with elasticity, while ensuring absolutely tight and robust security, privacy and confidentiality.
Monitor production, staging, test and development environments for a myriad of applications in an agile and dynamic organization. You are an independent problem-solver who is self-directed and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner. Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues. Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, and responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting with other Apple staff and management. Provide guidance to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems. Determine future needs for capacity and investigate new products and/or features. Strong troubleshooting ability will be used daily; will take steps on their own to isolate issues and resolve root cause through investigative analysis in environments where the candidate has little knowledge/experience/documentation. Administer and ensure the proper execution of the backup systems. Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues.
Education: BS in computer science with 7-10 years or MS plus 5-7 years experience or related experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or other container orchestration framework
- Experience with big data technologies - hadoop, hive, spark
- Experience building and operating large scale search infrastructure
- Exeprience in Workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Oozie,Jenkins etc.)
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 200054952 COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.