Software Development Engineer - Service OrchestrationApply
Job Summary: The Platform Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) organization is chartered with the task to build a global, private cloud to run Apple's phenomenal public services like iCloud, iTunes, Siri, and many internal services. The PIE Service Orchestration team is focused on creating a great experience for engineering teams across Apple to deploy and operate their applications at scale. The PIE SO team does this by providing service and batch job configuration and deployment orchestration for all PIE workloads. If these types of challenges seem exciting to you we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience developing in one or more of the following programming languages: Golang, Python, RubyOnRails.
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud based architectures.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services.
- Understanding of container management platforms (Mesos, Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker).
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals, networking and shell programming.
- Experience with Object Oriented design concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for development.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (including vendor APIs).
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Team oriented individual with strong collaboration skills.
- Naturally focused on quality, resilience and reliability for our customers.
Description: The PIE SO team is looking for talented distributed systems software engineers to architect, design, implement, support, document and maintain systems and tools used in the management and deployment orchestration of services on the PIE platform.
This team is responsible for building out and scaling an existing infrastructure built in Golang and Ruby on Rails.
We necessarily interact and coordinate with many teams across PIE and the company as a whole, so you should have an innate sense for collaboration as this is paramount in helping build the next generation of our platform.
We're looking for a talented and passionate developer to join this small but amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 200041458 COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.