Who we are
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an ecommerce CRM that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail, and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well funded, growing super fast and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer at Drip, you'll work on a dynamic team to help design, build and manage reliable, scalable, and performant systems. You will be responsible for monitoring our environments and applications for health and performance. There’s nothing boring about this position! Contributions include:
- Initially taking over our AWS cloud infrastructure and expanding our containerization implementation - we’re currently using ECS
- Building and maintaining tools used for builds and releases including automating the software build process
- Providing support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Implementing and maintaining the infrastructure needed for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices in our product, and managing the environments involved
- Aiding in the development and improvement of operational practices and procedures
- Reinforcing DevOps culture by writing and sharing tools that help us deliver faster and more reliably
The role is open in both the Salt Lake City area and Minneapolis. Relocation is offered to candidates hired outside of these areas.
You know that DevOps is more than just a team or a role - it’s a culture and a mindset. You enjoy helping teams deconstruct monolithic applications to address scalability and resiliency. You are a tech and tooling enthusiast and love staying up-to-date with the latest solutions and approaches. You think in terms of failure modes, building beautifully resilient systems that others can depend on but you also dabble with prototypes and experimental solutions.
Our ideal pick has:
- 3+ years experience across software development, applications and infrastructure
- A desire to be close to the code - digging into source code is second-nature to you
- Experience building out and scaling Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other modern cloud computing platforms
- Experience administering PostgreSQL clusters (we’re at 10 TB and growing)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
Why join us?
This is a great opportunity to shape a new team in a fast growing venture backed company. This person will help us dominate this new ecommerce category as an ECRM platform.
We consider working for a successful startup to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment! Bring your best self to the table and we’ll return the favor with:
- Very competitive pay, equity, and benefits with up to 100% company-paid premium
- Actual work/life balance with unlimited vacation
- 401k company match
- A flexible schedule
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis or Salt Lake area Utah is our one non-negotiable
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who finds tons of time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.