Director of DevOpsApply
Who we are
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an ecommerce CRM that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail, and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well funded, growing super fast and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake.
About the role
Reporting to the CTO, you will be the technical operations leader for a cross-functional team including DevOps, Database Administrators, Email Operations, Information Security, and AWS Cloud Support. Duties include:
- Having a pulse on scaling - this leader will build out a team to support the following:
- DevOps pipeline for the Engineering teams
- DBA support for the application
- AWS cloud support including automated monitoring and alerting
- Email operations including reputation monitoring (Drip sends millions of emails per day)
- Lead the implementations of new systems, think strategically and develop process, tools, and frameworks the help ensure effectiveness across team
- Manages, leads, and holds the DevOps, DBA, Cloud, InfoSec, and Email groups accountable for achieving goals and ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction
- Effectively collaborates with the team and stays on the same page. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas the team provides and have the ability to translate those ideas into functional plans
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze, and resolve issues
- In addition to guiding and managing entire team functions, the right person will be able to roll up their sleeves when necessary and leads by example
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met
- Demonstrates a relentless obsession with our customers and holds the team accountable to our company values: Growth, Impact, and Fun
The role is open in both the Salt Lake City area and Minneapolis. Relocation is offered to candidates hired outside of these areas.
You’re a self-starter and hands on leader who loves technology. You love building great teams, hiring and developing the best, but also are still deeply inquisitive about technology. Cloud architecture is your passion and you believe in providing a TechOps platform that empowers developers to build, release and support their best work. You have experience supporting a DevOps culture across Engineering and managing teams to support global 24x7 applications. You ideally have worked in both B2C and B2B environments, but either at scale will be sufficient.
Our ideal pick has:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in engineering
- 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership capacities
- Has helped run an external-facing product at scale: B2C property or B2B SaaS platform
- Expert in cloud architecture - we run 100% in the cloud
- Success building new, or scaling existing, teams in engineering
Why join us?
This is a great opportunity to build a new team in a fast growing venture backed company. This person will help us dominate this new E-commerce category as an ECRM platform.
We consider working for a successful startup to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment! Bring your best self to the table and we’ll return the favor with:
- Very competitive pay, equity, and benefits with up to 100% company-paid premium
- Actual work/life balance with unlimited vacation
- 401k company match
- A flexible schedule
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis or Salt Lake area Utah is our one non-negotiable
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who finds tons of time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.