Manager, Software DevelopmentApply
Manager, Software Development
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
Dyn is seeking a talented Software Development Manager to help build a world class software engineering team. This individual will be a member of the Engineering organization reporting to Director of Software Development.
This person will be responsible for managing a team of talented developers and help them drive projects to success. This individual must be able to empower the team to deliver projects on time and of high quality, by providing required tools for the job, identifying team’s training needs, and ensuring communication flow. This person must be able to work with the product team to establish user stories, product definition and acceptance criteria.
- Build mentor, coach and support high performance teams
- Provide technical oversight and assure alignment with engineering best practice
- Product and project management on various company initiatives
- Coach by highlighting successes and providing feedback on opportunity for improvements
- Define structure and process where appropriate to aid the team
- Set individual and team goals which roll up to meet org and company goals
- Provide one on one and management meetings for filtering down information and opportunity for engineers to provide feedback
- Ensure engineers are empowered to make decisions avoiding micro management
- Work with other teams and peers to define goals, requirements and acceptance criterion
- Interface with Operations and Product management to ensure alignment of commitments
- Assist Scrum Masters where needed in building epics and stories
- Manage/highlight resource contention and assist in prioritizing the work
- Assist with making vendor selections and developing schedules and budgets.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience and self-study. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Must have exceptional leadership qualities and a team player
- Knowledge of advanced software/testing methodologies
- Experience working in cloud computing
- Experience with DNS, Traffic management and Analytics a plus
- Experience in running Agile teams
- Experience in working with Product teams on intaking new projects
- Experience in working with Operations teams
- Must be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.