Software Engineering ManagerApply
Welcome to a new kind of delivery experience. Enjoy offers same-day delivery with personalized setup of today’s best tech products. To bring this to life, we employ incredibly friendly and smart Experts, who are great with tech and even better with people. Our Experts deliver, set up and explain products to customers, all on the same day they order them. And best of all, this is 100% free.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Victoria’s Secret, to name a few.
Here’s a little video we made to explain it: What does it mean to Enjoy?
About the Role
Behind every great product is a great team, and behind every great team is a great leader. That's what we expect from our Software Engineering (SWE) Managers. SWE Managers not only lead a SWE team and foster a healthy and productive engineering culture, but they also need to have the technical prowess to define a high level architecture and roll up their sleeves and execute on that architecture.
There's more to being a SWE Manager than just technical chops too. You're entrusted to partner with Product to define the roadmap and the overall strategy and vision for your area of the business. SWE Managers are expected to have a strong product mindset: knowing how to rollout new features, when to build an MVP vs go all in, and how to prioritize investments, debt, and bugs. You're treated as much an owner of the business and it's success as a product owner.
What You'll Be Doing...
As a Software Engineering manager you will...
- Lead a team of engineers, keeping members motivated, productive, and growing.
- Own an area of the business, partnering with Product to define the roadmap, vision, and architecture.
- Cultivate a healthy, productive, effective engineering culture.
- Drive the full execution lifecycle: from definition, design, implementation, to release and iteration.
About our Engineering Culture
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact.