Back-end Developer (Node.js)Apply
Back-end Developer (Node.js)
Hello there! We’re Flex-Appeal, a fast growing start-up located in Rotterdam. We are on a mission to redefine the way organisations engage their frontline employees.
Nowadays, 75% of the worldwide workforce is working on the ‘frontline’. These are industries like retail, restaurants, hotels and many more. There is a huge gap between the frontline employee and the rest of the organization. Research says that 87% of those employees don’t feel engaged at work. Organizations feel the need to engage their employees but don’t have the right tools to achieve this.
We believe we can change that. That’s why we’re building a completely new and mobile “employee experience” platform. Using our modulair platform organisations are able to engage, communicate and train their employees and much better!
We’re already working with great companies such as Gamma, Karwei, the Amsterdam Arena, New York Pizza and Albert Heijn. Our goal is to engage all 2 billion frontline workers worldwide with our platform. This requires a team of very talented and ambitious people, like you!
Flex-Appeal in recent press articles
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a medior/senior Back-end developer, that loves to be part of a great team of people and goes the extra mile. You’re interested in new tools and frameworks and want to get better every day. You should have a strong focus on scale and architecture to support and expand our cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of users per day. As lead Back-end developer you must have a strong feeling for leadership and are able to mentor other developers. Having experience in setting up different cache strategies and have a good understanding of multiple security aspects of web APIs.
This role is ideal for somebody who is passionate about optimization, troubleshooting and creating internal services to serve our clients. We are looking for a developer who loves being part of a team but is also self-motivated. We strive to be the best and expect our team members to admire the same. This means being eager to learn new technologies and programming languages, and being proud to be a Back-end developer. You are able to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- You will be member of our product team which consists of 1 designer, 2 mobile developers, 1 front-end and 1 back-end developer.
- You will be leading the backend team that will be expanding over time.
- You will be working on developing and improving our web API, built primarily in Node.JS with MySQL as database engine.
- You will be helping to increase the stability of the platform and directly create functionality, used by a large number of users.
- You will set up multiple cache strategies using Redis to increase our response times and decrease our Database load.
What we’re looking for
- Must have experience with architecting large, high-scale web application.
- Good understanding of Linux, data stores and data modelling.
- Experience in server management
- Familiarity using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as GIT.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we’re offering you
- A great development environment where we have geek talk and share knowledge among each other.
- The opportunity to work on a lot of exciting new features.
- A place where you can pursue your ambitions. We greatly value your personal development and will give you the support and freedom for you to become the best you can be.
- The opportunity to help build a fast-growing start-up with international ambitions.
- An inspiring office at the ECE Campus amidst more than 100 start-ups and including a bar, slide (yes, that’s right) and ping pong tables.
- A good salary and stock options.
As soon as possible
Please check our website flex-appeal.nl for more information about our organization.
We’re looking forward to your application. Please apply via the online application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.