We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build our first Data Engineering team and the # destination for home sellers! Learn more about our engineering team!
What You'll Do Here:
We are building our Data Engineering team to tackle HomeLight's diverse, data challenges. This position is an excellent opportunity for an engineer that wants to own the development, optimization, and operation of our data pipeline, which collects, processes, and distributes data to a suite of HomeLight products and teams. You will provide mission-critical data to both our algorithms and internal users, refining our product and identifying new markets. Some projects you will work on:
- Optimize and execute on requests to pull, analyze, interpret and visualize data
- Partner with team leaders across the organization to build out and iterate on team, and individual performance metrics
- Optimize our data release processes, and partner with team leads to iterate on and improve existing data pipelines.
- Design and develop systems that ingest and transform our data streams using the latest tools.
- Design, build, and integrate new cutting edge databases and data warehouses, develop new data schemas and figure out new innovative ways of storing and representing our data.
- Research, architect, build, and test robust, highly available and massively scalable systems, software, and services.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Robust experience with Python, Spark, and Airflow
- Experience writing and executing complex SQL queries
- Experience building data pipelines and ETL design (implementation and maintenance)
- Experience with AWS or other IAAS or PAAS provider
- Scrum/Agile software development process.
Bonus points for:
- Real estate experience
- Experience with Periscope, Looker, Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience with machine learning
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!