Senior Data EngineerApply
Who You Are
You are an experienced data engineer. You have spent many years learning your craft by working with large volumes of data in many different production environments. You have built scalable ETL pipelines to ingest data efficiently. You have designed and implemented Big Data infrastructure for multiple real world projects handling tens to hundreds of millions (or more!) data points. You are analytic, persistent, and detail oriented.
Data errors drive you crazy.
The prospect of greenfield projects excites you, but so does the opportunity to work on and improve existing products. Ideally, you have some experience working with Data Science and Machine Learning teams and understand those teams’ methods and what they need to be successful.
Most importantly, you’re looking for a place to make an impact and be heard.
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of experience working with large datasets in production environments
- Expertise with one or more Big Data tools. E.g. Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Expertise with one or more SQL Databases. E.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.
- Expertise with one or more NoSQL Databases. E.g. Amazon DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Expertise with one or more relevant programming languages. E.g. Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
- Optionally: Familiarity with Data Science/Machine Learning tools. E.g. Statistics, R, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
What You'll Do Here
HomeLight is built on data. We collect and analyze tens of millions of real estate transactions from multiple data sources to find the top performing real estate agents in every major market.
As a Data Engineer at HomeLight, you will:
- Maintain and improve our transaction ETL process so we can efficiently ingest, understand, and query our data.
- Improve our Agent Matching Algorithm to help us more reliably find the perfect agents for our clients.
- Design and implement our big data infrastructure (alongside our Data Science and Machine Learning team) for an exciting project that is just getting underway.
- Your expertise will be instrumental in the success of groundbreaking new real estate products and you will help determine the tools, the design, and the implementation of mission critical pieces of our infrastructure.
- Contribute to our open, friendly, and collaborative culture; learn an amazing amount about an exciting and complicated industry; hone your data skills on impactful products; and maintain a sane work/life balance.