We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Database Engineer to join our team. This position will handle a range of items from backing database design to application usage of data. This position works within our Austin, TX headquarters located at 360 and 222, which is about 8 miles from downtown and beautifully situated on the edge of Central Texas Hill Country. We will provide relocation reimbursement to eligible, selected candidate.
Jobs2Careers is the leading programmatic job advertising marketplace with more than 20 million registered users and over 2 billion monthly searches. What makes Jobs2Careers stand out? We’re mission-driven: we help people find work. We connect the best talent with the right opportunities in the most efficient way possible. We believe that to be the best, we must hire the best - and help them become even better. At Jobs2Careers, you’ll find an environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
As our Database Engineer, you will work on a variety of initiatives:
- Database migration and consolidation projects.
- Developing and maintaining data summarization and data retention policies.
- SQL query optimization.
- Helping to expand the capabilities and usage of a data access layer.
- Maintaining the health of a set of production databases.
- Documenting schema structure down to column level details.
- Keeping cached data in sync with backing database data.
- Assisting with the setup of test database environments.
What we're looking for in a highly competitive candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, software, information technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working on production relational databases.
- Proficiency in SQL, in particular MySQL.
- Knowledge of MySQL storage engines InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Experience preventing SQL injection attacks.
- Experience with invoking SQL via JDBC.
- Experience with caching systems, in particular Redis.
- Bonus: Experience with Amazon Aurora.
- Bonus: Experience with Amazon Redshift.
- Highly competitive salary
- Relocation reimbursement for eligible, selected candidate
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays and paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Awesome company events
Jobs2Careers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.