Lead / Senior Software EngineerApply
Lickd is a digital platform helping YouTube content creators legally use the music they love. We provide commercial music from record labels for licensing into YouTube videos without the fear of a Creator losing their ad revenue to a copyright claim.
Having just secured our Series A funding we’re looking for a Lead / Senior Software Engineer to join the team at Lickd and take us to the next level. It’s an exciting time for us and we have huge plans for the future that you’ll be crucial in realising. You’ll be joining us in our offices in east London working alongside passionate people with experience in the ever evolving music industry.
You’ll be an accomplished and highly pragmatic developer with an aptitude for picking up new technologies. The role is a senior role leading into a lead position as we expand the team so previous experience as a lead is useful going forward but not essential. Experience working within an Agile environment and upholding best practices and the various rituals is desirable, particularly as the team grows. Our platform has grown rapidly so experience in working with APIs and Service Oriented Architecture is a must.
What You’ll Do
Going forward you’ll be taking our existing Creator facing-product and continuing to pushing it forward increasing value to online video creators all over the world. In addition you’ll also be instrumental in building out various technical solutions as part of our growing services to rights holders. A background in data and analytics here would be useful as well experience in AWS.
- Our backend stack is PHP with Laravel / Lumen while our frontend is React.js. Our entire platform is on AWS making use of both Docker and Serverless.
- The role will be focused on our various backend services so experience in PHP is essential with solid experience with either Symfony or Laravel (ideally you’ll have at least 5 years experience overall with PHP)
- We’ve invested in our CI/CD pipeline and we always attempt to write BDD and Unit Tests where possible. We also expect you to be able to do the same as well as participate in code review.
- Given the nature of our business and the various API integrations we have we are collecting and processing large amounts of data so strong SQL skills are required as well as experience with ElasticSearch.
- You’ll be working on what we think is an exciting music product akin to Spotify or Deezer.
- Working on a first of it’s kind solution for commercial music licensing.
- Opportunity to grow into a Lead Developer role.
- 25 days holiday a year.
- A new MacBook Pro with Intellij.
- Competitive salary.