NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX Software, Inc. is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications.
Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation. NGINX investors include Goldman Sachs, NEA (New Enterprise Associates, largest equity venture capital fund in California), Blue Cloud Ventures, e.ventures, Index Ventures, MSD Capital (Michael Dell’s Private Investment Company), Runa Capital, and Telstra Ventures.
NGINX started as and will always be an open source driven company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a QA Engineer to join our busy and successful engineering team in our global headquarters in San Francisco.
What will I be doing?
- First and foremost, help us to improve and ship great products
- Be agile and be a core part of our Scrum team/squad
- Work with the product team to help define good acceptance criteria for our stories
- Collaborate with your fellow engineers in development on how to best design code for testability
- Build some automation at the seams where it has the most value
- Make sure your automation gets run at the right time in the right places (we use Jenkins)
- Explore, tweak, and break the systems to help make sure we are shipping robust products
- Work with a distributed team
What skills/experience do I need?
- You can code, preferably with Python
- You have used some UI automation tool before, such as Selenium or Protractor
- You are comfortable on Linux
- You have deployed to AWS and used Docker
- You can easily work with git on the command line
What qualifications are required?
- A degree of some description is great - the more interesting the better!
- Do you have a GitHub account you want to show off?
- Standing desks, high-spec Macbook Pro and dual 21” LG 4K monitors
- Great healthcare, untracked vacations, and pre-IPO stock options
- Loads of snacks and drinks (mostly healthy)
- Breakfast on Friday, lunch on Monday and Thursday
- SOMA location with rooftop deck
- Flexible working hours and up to two work-from-home days per week
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX Software, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.