Spotfront delivers intelligent vendor marketing solutions built for the next generation of e-commerce. Our solutions help retailers implement, automate, and scale brand-funded marketing programs on e-commerce sites. Spotfront is a New York City-based technology company that works with the US's largest e-commerce retailers. Learn more about us and PromoteIQ, our flagship product, at http://www.spotfront.com.
Who we’re looking for
At Spotfront, software engineers on our back-end data team build the pipelines that supply critical data to PromoteIQ, our e-commerce promotions platform, powering its real-time auction-based decisioning engine.
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and back-end services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions
- Manage automated unit and integration test suites
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a small, motivated team of engineers and product managers
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve Spotfront's stack
- Participate in an on-call rotation and work occasional off-hours
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant equivalent work experience
- Seeking candidates with 4+ years of experience in:
- Designing, building, and maintaining high-throughput data systems that are secure, testable, and modular, particularly in Python, as well as their support infrastructure (shell scripts, job schedulers, message queues, etc.)
- Designing efficient data structures and database schemas
- Working with distributed systems architecture
- Using profiling tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code- and application-level improvements
- Developing for continuous integration and automated deployments
- Utilizing a variety of data stores, including data warehouses (ideally Redshift), RDBMSes (ideally MySQL), in-memory caches (ideally Aerospike and Redis), and searchable document DBs (ideally Elasticseach)
- Wrangling large-scale data sets
How We Interview & Hire
Our interview process begins with a quick phone call to assess fit with the role and company - and help you decide if Spotfront is the right place for you. Then we do several rounds of in-person interviews, where you'll meet the team and participate in a number of interactive interviews. Throughout this process you'll have ample opportunity to ask questions, get to know us as a company, and learn more about our product.
Spotfront Core Values
We are intellectually curious.
We are collaborative and work hard to deliver results for our clients.
We punch above our weight class.