Dev Ops EngineerApply
Spotfront delivers intelligent vendor marketing solutions built for the next generation of e-commerce. Our solutions help retailers implement, automate, and scale brand-funded marketing programs on e-commerce sites. Spotfront is a New York City-based technology company that works with the US's largest e-commerce retailers. Learn more about us and PromoteIQ, our flagship product, at http://www.spotfront.com.
Who we’re looking for
At Spotfront, DevOps Engineers specialize in developing scalable methods for building, deploying, and supporting our cloud-based enterprise services and systems. This is a highly collaborative role in which you will work closely with our CTO and Software Developers to deploy and operate our solutions; automate and streamline our processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor IT operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. You will interact, develop, engineer, and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making.
- Design, deploy, maintain, and administer cloud infrastructure to power Spotfront's stack
- Optimize stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Design and implement security policies and procedures
- Build logging, monitoring, and alerting systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve Spotfront's stack
- Participate in an off-hours on-call rotation, and perform periodic off-hours work during maintenance windows
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with:
- Administering, securing, and tuning Linux servers (ideally Debian)
- Configuring and managing cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS)
- Working with configuration management frameworks (ideally Ansible)
- Deploying system monitoring and alerting (ideally Zabbix, CloudWatch and PagerDuty)
- Managing logging flows/systems (ideally with the Elastic stack)
- Implementing continuous integration and release automation (ideally with Travis and Jenkins)
- Managing and tuning database clusters (ideally Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Aerospike)
- Securing networks, servers, and applications
- Developing administrative tools (ideally with Bash and Python)
How We Interview & Hire
Our interview process begins with a quick phone call to assess fit with the role and company - and help you decide if Spotfront is the right place for you. Then we do several rounds of in-person interviews, where you'll meet the team and participate in a number of interactive interviews. Throughout this process you'll have ample opportunity to ask questions, get to know us as a company, and learn more about our product.
Spotfront Core Values
We are intellectually curious.
We are collaborative and work hard to deliver results for our clients.
We punch above our weight class.