Spotfront delivers intelligent vendor marketing solutions built for the next generation of e-commerce. Our solutions help retailers implement, automate, and scale brand-funded marketing programs on e-commerce sites. Spotfront is a New York City based technology company that works with the US's largest e-commerce retailers. Learn more about us at http://www.spotfront.com.
As our first Engineering Manager at Spotfront you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing next generation enterprise software for e-commerce and advertising. As a hands-on leader, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You will guide architecture and delivery of software products. You will help develop processes and best practices that will become the foundation of the growing Spotfront engineering organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex technical challenges while delivering enterprise software products with a focus on great customer experiences.
• Manage and grow a team of engineers working across the stack, including task planning and code reviews
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Contribute technically to projects
• Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
• Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes; Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
• Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
• Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of day to day software development
• Lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services
• 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
• 5+ years of hands on programming experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++
• 7+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services
• 4+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams
• Large scale systems design experience