Big Data Platform Infrastructure EngineerApply
About the Team
At Stitch Fix, our data science team leverages machines together with expert-human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that innovate the way the company functions and helps our clients look and be their best selves. As a member of the data infrastructure team, you’ll help build the data processing engines that innovate the future of e-commerce.
- Our infrastructure is 100% deployed on AWS
- We make heavy use of Spark to process and transform data
- We use Presto and Redshift for ad-hoc queries and analysis
- The source of truth for our data warehouse is AWS S3
- We run 1000s of batch jobs each night, training 100s of models that feed our recommendation engines and other data-driven APIs
About the Role
- You’ll help us tune our Spark, Redshift and Presto deployments to function well under load and in AWS. You’ll create services and tools to help make the experience better for our data scientists.
- We run custom builds of both Presto and Spark, so you will contribute to our Spark/Presto customization efforts, builds, and deployment.
- You’ll help us investigate various file formats (e.g. Parquet), and help create loaders and storers that function well on S3 and with our metadata service.
- You’ll contribute to the development of our logging infrastructure based on Apache Kafka.
- You’ll build services to ingest data into our warehouse and ensure it’s clean and consistent.
- Many of the changes we need would also benefit others in the big data community. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute back.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a strong distributed systems background.
- You have 5 or more years of project experience with significant contributions.
- You have exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala.
- You work autonomously and take ownership of projects.
- You understand how big data infrastructure works in the public cloud.
- You are naturally curious and get excited to dig in and understand how things work.
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day