Backend Software EngineerApply
Survata enables marketers and agencies to measure the brand impact of their advertising budgets. Being a technology-driven research company, Survata can provide actionable insights in real-time, allowing advertisers to make changes concurrently with the campaign.
Our clients are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals including CPG, technology, and financial services. We also work with the largest global advertising agencies measure the digital campaigns that they are managing for their clients.
We are backed by leading investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Conductive Ventures, leading MarTech founders). In July 2018 we closed our Series B round of funding.
Unlike existing technology companies in our market, we move quickly to take advantage of the changing landscape of the digital advertising.
About the Role
We’re bringing market research into the modern world. We use techniques from distributed systems to categorical statistics to machine learning to data visualization to deliver valuable insights to our clients. Our data pipeline scales into the billions with a serverless architecture to allow our clients to do research based on online actions.
You’ll help set up our systems for the growth to come. No matter the project, you’ll jump in with both feet, architecting it just enough to deliver in the short term and set us up for the long term. You’ll focus on our distributed systems and data pipeline.
- You get excited about billions of events and terabytes of data
- You’ve built big systems that drive a business
- Distributed systems idempotence excites you
- You understand that your software runs on computers (but you architect things so you spend the minimum amount of time possible thinking about that)
- You’ve used a lot of AWS services. You love some, are frustrated by others, and can’t wait to try the next one
- You either have experience with the likes of Spark, EMR, and Hadoop, or you’ve read a ton about them and are dying to get your hands dirty
- You thrive on the energy of operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup atmosphere