This career opportunity is available in our following locations: San Francisco, Seattle
As an Azure Data Engineer you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that business partners can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.
Key Role Responsibilities: Day-to-day, you will:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions using strong business insight.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for demonstrating Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using Power BI, Azure API Apps or other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Able to travel approximately 80%
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements: Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Demonstrable experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to take on business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- T-SQL is required.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
- Strong collaboration ethic and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a requirement.
Nice to Haves:
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…)
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
Preferred Certifications: MCSA
Preferred Education Background: You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience: You likely have about 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience. Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives. Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans. Complexity: Complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors. Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans. Interpersonal Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. Supervision Received: Works under general mentorship and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process. Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with some checking of work. Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
Interested candidates please visit: https://careers.avanade.com/jobsenus/JobDetail/Data-Engineer/6887
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.