Java Back-end Developer
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-).
- You get an enjoyable workplace, complete with focus areas collaborative spaces – nerf guns included. We’ll get you proper swag, the latest and greatest technologies to play with and awesome people to work with.
- We take pride in our achievements and how we celebrate them, with a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, game nights and office drinks. There’s also the opportunity to take our Backbase boat out for a spin.
- We care about you and support a positive, active lifestyle. Free healthy lunches and fruit are provided daily. We’ll challenge your brain at work, after which you can unwind and have fun with one of our employee-initiated sports teams
The job in short
Millions of people around the world rely on the products we create for their daily banking activities. Hundreds of financial institutions use the Backbase platform.
Are you ready to put your mark on our products that is used by millions of people around the world, and be part of a digital revolution in the financial industry?
Meet the job
You are part of a scrum team that comprises software developers, UX designers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers. Within your team you are much more than a developer: you are a pioneer, a mentor, an expert, and a guardian. You can create your own vision and initiate improvements. This is how you will ou be part of this digital revolution!
- Every day you contribute to developing and maintaining the cutting-edge Backbase platform. You are the owner of the components you’ll be working on, dedicating yourself to making the product faster, more stable and more adaptable.
- You will try new technologies such as fingerprint authentication and retina scan recognition.
- With your fellow team members you will engage in daily stand-ups. During these stand-ups you will discuss the work to be done and priorities.
- The code you write is beautiful and solid. We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come.
How about you?
You easily transform business requirements into technical architecture and you definitely over-deliver without under-promising. If this sounds familiar, great! To make this position a success we think you also:
- Have a proven track record in enterprise projects.
- Are experienced within a product organization as this is our core
- Are fluent in English as we are a global company!
- Should be flexible and balanced in nature, you’re willing to embrace change.
Contact Jessica Woolley, recruiter