Software Support EngineerApply
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
The Software Support Engineer will join a dynamic team within the information technology department developing and supporting critical business applications.
- Professional experience using Microsoft SQL Server database technologies
- Knowledge of source control including branching and merging
- Knowledge of issue and project tracking software
- Knowledge of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security, testing, performance and deployment
- The ability to build, integrate and troubleshoot software components
- The ability to produce technical documentation as well as end-user guidelines
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- The ability to establish requirements and gauge priorities through discussions with clients and team members
- Previous experience in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with WordPress
- PHP development experience
- The ability to understand, design and describe complex database structures
- Capable of curating, analyzing and validating data sets
- Experience with continuous integration, automated build and release management
- Experience developing unit and program test plans
- The ability to work as part of a team, which may be established for a chartered project or as part of ongoing daily assignments within the department
- Highly motivated to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Must be accountable and detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to complete assignments according to established goals and objectives
- Ability to work non-business hours as needed
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.