Avanade launched its fourth Digital Innovation Studio in New York City almost two years ago. The Digital Innovation Studio a standalone, agency-like, cross functional team of individuals, who deliver end-to-end digital projects from strategy and design, through build and on-going support and optimization. Studio team members work side by side in the New York office four days a week (and one day from home) on cutting-edge projects that add a layer of creative, world class delivery, on top of repeatable technology solutions. Our Studio is made up of UX and Visual Designers, Digital Strategists, Content Strategists, Business Analysts, Tech Leads/UI Developers, and Delivery Managers—most of whom have lots of experience working at Digital Agencies or Startup Incubators. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, highly creative environment, where people work hard and play hard, please apply! We’re growing fast, and we’d love to talk with you in person. We are looking for a Studio Technology Lead or Director to lead our team in the New York Studio.
This role requires a strong background with software engineering. Software Engineers are good generalists and problem solvers, who love playing with new technologies and frameworks, whether back-end or the front-end. They are passionate and talented technologists who are interested in learning new things every day. We are looking for a tech lead that has a diverse set of experiences across full-stack technologies including front end, enterprise and cloud-based technologies - .NET and Java. Even if you are experienced in other technologies such as Python, Ruby, Play, and Go, we’d still love to talk. Our products and customers are diverse, as are the tools that we use.
In addition to leading the New York technology team: Day-to-day, you will:
- Work closely with the Studio Lead on new business initiatives and go-to-market messaging across the sales region / territory
- Advise clients and internal stakeholders on the best uses of technology to solve problems, including the production of elegant, simple and maintainable code
- Execute strategic engagements including: Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), High Level Project Design, Scoping & Strategy, and Organize and deliver training events, both client-facing and internal
- Present technical approach and solutions to C-level clients and their senior leadership
- Travel, when necessary
Our developers work in a very collaborative environment where multi-functional teams work together, with a single goal: to make it happen. They work to maintain an ego-free environment where talent matters more than titles, and recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. Having an entrepreneurial spirit is important to be a member of this team, and our engineers are never afraid to take on different roles. Being curious about technology and its trends, and never forgetting the focus on the user's ultimate experience are part of our essence. We love iterating and doing better projects always. Having decent processes and knowing how to deliver software is important. Agile, TDD and continuous integration are important to us. We are looking for someone who is as excited as we are about these issues and who knows about good iterative development practices.
You'll be able to work on a wide variety of clients and platforms and collaborate in an environment where you can bring your ideas. There's plenty of room to grow at Avanade. What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing a team of 5 or more developers (foster community, recruit new talent, etc.)
- Experienced with working in a large, multi-disciplined environment
- Experienced in estimating projects with teams as small as 2 developers to as large as 40 developers, architects, testers and other roles
- Familiarity with agile methodologies. We are team oriented with a collaborative environment that has good collaborative code practices
- Ability to work on a variety of client and platform technologies, especially with fullstack responsibility (front + back);
- Excellent in solving problems, passionate about technical challenges and hungry to learn
- Knowledge of principles of responsive and adaptive design, translating them into fluid and responsive templates
- Familiarity and experience with web standards, best practices for reducing loading time and accessibility / 508-compliance
- Understands the concept of Continuous Integration
- Experience with versioning control tools such as Git and TFS
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing related field of study or equivalent direct industry
Interested candidates please visit: https://careers.avanade.com/jobsenus/JobDetail/Technology-Lead/3606
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.