Architect - Programmable SMSApply
Twilio’s Programmable SMS team builds and scales the SMS and MMS platform that millions of people interact with every day. We empower communications through robust software, abstracting away the challenges of telecommunications while constructing a resilient foundation that handles the myriad of faults present in a widely distributed network.
- You have a background in large-scale distributed systems.
- You love the challenge of applying new techniques to create a highly-available system with minimal hard fault points
- You enjoy setting standards for operational excellence and guiding engineering teams towards these standards
- You have a keen sense for technology trends and are able to provide insightful, pragmatic technology direction for a business-critical product line
- You are excited to build solutions with wide-scale reliability, performance, or productivity gains
About the Job:
- Drive the technologies and policies that power the Programmable SMS product platform
- Guide the enforcement of operational standards to ensure proper monitoring, alerting, and recovery processes are followed
- Collaborate across senior product management and technology leaders to ensure leveraging of common infrastructure and to define product interconnections.
- Mentor and coach technical leads within Programmable SMS
- Hands-on development of libraries and software solutions to empower and equip Programmable SMS teams with the tools needed to ensure an operationally excellent platform
- Seasoned Computer Science background (MS or equivalent experience)
- Strong Communicator - both verbal and written
- Fluency in high concurrency programming in at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, C, C++, Golang
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the delivery of large-scale technical projects
- Experience upgrading and evolving a complex system architecture with zero downtime and backwards compatible fail-safes
- Solid understanding and experience in an asynchronous messaging communication technology, such as SMPP, XMPP, MM4, MM7, SIP/SIMPLE, etc.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST