Carrier Operations Network EngineerApply
We’re seeking a talented network engineer to help expand Twilio’s carrier connectivity globally. The Carrier Operations team is responsible for overall architecture and day to day interfacing with all of Twilio’s carrier partners on our super network.
About the job:
This role focuses on working with Twilio’s carrier partners and internal engineering teams with on-boarding new interconnections and working with the carrier partner to understand their requirements while determining the best way to fit them into Twilio’s super network.
Successful candidates will have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SMPP, and other telephony protocols. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly troubleshoot all ranges of issues from one way audio to deploying new carrier interconnects. Understanding common networking subjects such as IPSec VPNs, subnets, IPv4, NAT and PAT.
Telecom regulations and functionality differs from country to country. A good candidate would have the ability to identify requirements that don’t fit with Twilio’s current architecture and work with internal teams to improve systems or processes. The ability to work independently to arrive at solutions without a guide is essential to success.
- Work with Twilio’s carrier partners to understand their connectivity requirements and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation of new & existing interconnections.
- Understand key quality metrics of Voice communication and implement testing to ensure our carriers are consistently performing at their peak.
- Write internal documentation that is easy to follow and accurate.
- Troubleshoot SIP, SMPP, IPSec connectivity and communicate.
- Larger migration and other projects for capacity and planning.
- In-depth SIP experience and troubleshooting.
- Packet analysis with common tools such as Wireshark.
- Automate tasks where possible in Python/PHP/Java or similar language.
- Self starter that can take on obscure requirements and figure out how best to make them work.
- IPSec VPN knowledge.
- Write SQL queries.
- Eager to take on new things.
- Troubleshooting with common operating systems such as Linux and open source software applications.
- SMPP knowledge.
- Voice/SMS routing knowledge.
- Use of RESTful APIs.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST