Corporate Infrastructure Security EngineerApply
Twilio Corporate Infrastructure Security Engineers review, test and design controls that keep Twilio’s Corporate infrastructure secure. Successful candidates will have experience building solutions to tough security problems and have secured networks and systems in corporate infrastructure.
About the job:
- This person will be instrumental in designing and reviewing the Twilio Enterprise network’s security controls, including Firewalls, Enterprise Hardware, (Mac and Windows Devices) Account and Identity Systems. The role is within the Twilio Security Team.
- This person will be responsible for designing services, applications and security controls that protect Twilio’s corporate infrastructure. They also develop tools that measure and report infrastructure and SaaS services’ compliance with the Twilio-Enterprise Security Standard.
- A successful candidate will have a proven track record managing and securing corporate Infrastructure and systems. They should understand the security impacts and security decisions that need to be made to keep corporate infrastructure secure, and then be able to articulate those to engineers outside the Security team.
- Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented Security team.
- Internal subject matter expert on corporate security controls.
- Review and design secure architectures and configurations for corporate Firewalls, Identity Systems, Corporate Hardware and corporate SaaS tools.
- Work with Corporate and IT engineers and teams outside security to enhance their systems with security improvements, or integrate their systems with improved security tooling.
- Work with other members of the Security team to constantly refine and improve the Twilio-Enterprise Security Standard.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
You should have all the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- Four or more years of work experience: corporate infrastructure experience:
- The Twilio enterprise network is spread across 10 locations in four continents with varying levels of infrastructure. You’ll need hands on experience with a range of security controls, including at least:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- PaloAlto Firewalls
- Mac OS
- AWS, Google Cloud (Cloud Platforms)
- VPNs and
- MDMs (Jamf, etc.)
- You have a software-development background to build tools that automate security checks and reviews.
- You have implemented defense-in-depth designs security designs for corporate infrastructure.
- Three or more years of work experience: Security Engineer and Practitioner: You maintain a current awareness of common attack vectors for networks, systems and software. You understand best practices for infrastructure security. You have a strong understanding and experience with:
- The OSI Security model and how to securely configure networks, corporate devices and hosts in all environments.
- Network-security concepts, such as firewall design, network segmentation and remote access (VPN).
- Identity and Access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO, Federated Identity, RBAC, etc.
- Logging, monitoring and response concepts and technologies for cloud networks, corporate networks and hosts in all environments.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LIPOST