Developer Evangelist - JavaApply
As a developer evangelist focused on serving the Java community for Twilio, your job is to inspire and equip developers in that community to change the way the world communicates. Your primary vehicle for doing this is service to local, national, and international developer communities. You may be found serving in any number of different capacities:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show Java developers how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies.
- Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer events.
- Speaking and sharing your expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to both Twilio and non-Twilio open source tools, applications, examples and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how Twilio might help them be even more awesome.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
A Twilio developer evangelist serving the Java community should be able to draw on their Java knowledge, experience and general engineering prowess to effectively debug someone else’s production application and make recommendations on best practices. Effective communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some qualities we think are essential are:
- Solid and diverse engineering skills - if you were writing code full time, you'd be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- Friendly and approachable people do well as the teachers and mentors we're looking for.
- Willingness to travel to anywhere our developer communities live a few times every quarter, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction..
- Hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
Other skills that are great to bring with you but we can also help you develop include:
- Existing leadership and service in developer communities.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Willingness to take the stage is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention.
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team.
- Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST