Developer Evangelist - JVMApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
You've been a Android developer, and maybe you still are. But maybe you also now consider yourself a Clojure, Java, Groovy or Kotlin developer. You are a web developer. You understand the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle. You've written enough website code to have opinions on multiple JVM web frameworks. You love to teach others. You understand that teaching sometimes requires much patience, but are driven by immense satisfaction of seeing the light bulb go off in your students heads. You are endlessly curious about and excited by technology. You know that there are usually smarter folks in the room and you're eager to learn from them.
- Help us inspire and equip developers using Java, JVM, etc. languages to fuel the future of communications.
- Be an active and authentic participant in a JVM language community wherever they gather online and offline. For many of those developers you will be "the face" of Twilio -- the person they ping when they need help. They will feel like VIPs because they know you. And when someone who works at Twilio needs to talk to a JVM language community, they'll come to you.
- Attend, speak at and sponsor in-person events.
- Create content that breaks down the complex into the understandable.
- Tell stories with code, equipping developers with knowledge of tools and techniques, including but not limited to Twilio, that makes them better at their craft.
- Help create experiences which inspire developers to build amazing things.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- 2+ years' of experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications.
The DevNet is comprised of three teams that work closely with one another:
- Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers gather.
- Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting world-class docs and training.
- Community Developers encourage and amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers.
- Together, these three teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped and build strong end enduring friendships with them.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This is a remote position. You can be based in a major metro area within the US or Europe. While working remote you will still enjoy our incredible perks: a free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, bi-weekly All Hands and more. We believe in serving developers where they are already gathering in real life so you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time. We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work and home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST