Developer Evangelist, Twilio.orgApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a new Developer Evangelist for our growing Twilio.org Team. We’re looking for the right person to inspire and empower developers to build Twilio powered communication solutions for good. You’ll lead the Twilio.org Impact Corps, connecting a passionate community of volunteer developers with nonprofits seeking technical guidance and coding support. You will create and promote technical content, resources, and events to help developers throughout the social impact sector unlock the power of Twilio to advance their mission.
Are a web/software developer that wants to use the power of code to do good in the world? Then this is the position for you.
We’re looking for someone who understands the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle and has written enough web code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language. You love to teach others and are endlessly curious about and excited by technology.
You also have the following background:
- Writing code, creating articles and blog posts, and delivering presentations
- Led technical workshops and education initiatives to increase sector-wide developer expertise.
- Solid and diverse engineering skills
- Experience in open source software development and knowledge of best practices.
- Friendly approach to teaching and mentoring others
- Willingness to travel to where our developer communities live a few times every quarter, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience inspiring and educating diverse communities in how to effectively design, build, and implement technology for good.
- Ability to build and develop a strong team of developers working to maximize the impact of social good organizations through technology
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
- Increase the use of Twilio in the social impact sector by enabling developers in nonprofits to adopt Twilio.
- Create technical content for publication on our blog, marketing campaigns, and other channels to show developers in nonprofits how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies.
- Educate and empower developers, giving technical workshops and speaking at nonprofit conferences.
- Create a scalable way for developers to work on volunteer coding projects for nonprofits.
- Lead the strategy and execute initiatives to grow the Twilio.org Impact Corps community on both the developer and nonprofit side.
- Conduct marketing and community building activities to inspire developers and nonprofits to sign up with the Twilio.org Impact Corps.
Our Twilio.org team is a strategic component for identifying and creating the content and resources that will capture people’s interest and drive product adoption. By developing a strong community of developers, we can maximize the impact of social good organizations through technology. That means creating connections and opportunities that are discovered simply by getting out there and talking to people. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We devote time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST