DevOps Engineer - Programmable VoiceApply
About the job:
Twilio's Cloud Communication Platform makes communications easy and powerful. With Programmable Voice, builders can create unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. The Programmable Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, conference, voice media, recordings, and transcriptions.
As DevOps Engineer in Programmable Voice, you will develop, deploy and operate services across multiple teams to deliver real-time, highly available, low latency capabilities for next generation internet and on-demand app communications. You will ensure continuous operation at scale to meet high availability goals, focusing on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
- Operate Programmable Voice fleet based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
- Drive Operational Excellence by defining, measuring and optimizing metrics along with visualization, reporting, monitoring and alerting
- Coordinate operational security, capacity and process automation deliverables across multiple teams.
- Automate development process through Continuous Delivery, from check-in through deployment and operation in a cloud services environment.
- Augment and maintain existing Jenkins-based continuous integration and test automation suites.
- Collaborate with Twilio platform teams to define next generation infrastructure and tooling.
- Define, build and deploy metrics with monitoring and tooling for auto-scaling across the fleet.
- Acting in on-call incident escalation rotation, including defining and administering response processes for the team.
- Apply Agile methodologies to deliver results across multiple teams.
- Leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title, including leading architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentoring other engineers.
- Minimum 5 years experience building complex distributed systems across concerns of reliability, high-availability, performance, scalability, capacity planning, business continuity and automation.
- Direct experience with cloud services based on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience developing, deploying and scaling production voice/media processing systems
- Experience with signaling and control protocols using SIP, HTTP/REST, or WebSockets.
- Familiarity with real-time Java and/or C/C++ systems and tooling on Linux based platforms.
- Experience with modern scripting languages, preferably Python.
- Experience with scalable data pipeline, preferably with Kafka, Kinesis, Spark is a plus.
- Experience managing large MySQL database clusters and next generation distributed data stores is a plus
- Strong IP networking background, including an understanding of end-to-end network design and performance principles.
- Experience with securing distributed systems. You understand the purpose of reasonable security techniques and the tradeoff with operational efficiency.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST