Engineering Lead, Security OperationsApply
Twilio’s Security Operations (SecOps) team is responsible for detecting and responding to all security incidents on Twilio’s complex global network. SecOps engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and collect useful sources of data, understand security architectures and capabilities, oversee our holistic vulnerability management program, and lead our incident response efforts when necessary.
Twilio is looking for a Lead Security Engineer who can define a cohesive vision, architect, and build our suite of security tools.
- 2+ years in a SOC, SIRT, SecOps, or IT security role, preferably a technology company, and more preferably a PaaS or SaaS environment.
- 5+ years as a software engineer and experience in a technical lead role.
- Full-stack development experience and ability.
- Deep understanding of Python.
- Experience deploying applications in Docker, AWS, and the AWS serverless compute platforms.
- Understanding of SCRUM methodologies, and opinions about them.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
As an Engineer in Twilio’s SecOps team, you can expect challenges like:
- Conducting design reviews for new features or brand new tools we are building to help control security issues in our environments.
- Mentoring junior engineers working on a diverse set of projects.
- Evaluating new technologies, languages, or vendor solutions to determine whether they fit our needs.
- Working with leads across the company to facilitate data sharing and automate data collection for incident response.
- Building systems to collect and display real-time information about security risks, vulnerabilities, and incidents to leaders and executives.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Objective C, Swift, Scala, or Go.
- Prior experience managing an open source project.
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCFA, GSEC, EnCE, GCEH, etc.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.