Engineering Manager - Billing PlatformApply
Twilio's Financial engineering team operates a massive billion-dollar financial pipeline. The team faces some of the most complex challenges in distributed systems today. With a micro-service based architecture, they provide automation and tooling to compute revenue, fraud, and other deeply important financial information. Their mission is to ensure customer trust through accurate & timely billing.
Twilio is seeking an Engineering Manager for our Financial engineering team. This is a leadership role focused on nurturing and expanding a team of engineers, providing people management, and driving projects to successful, on-time delivery through our agile process.
About the job:
- You will manage team dynamics in a technical, high growth environment.
- You will lead teams through stressful situations and have demonstrated ability to teach sound decision making through the customer lens.
- Twilio is a company built by developers for developers. You must not only have the professional expertise to understand your team’s engineering and business challenges, but also the technical acumen to build great software.
- The Engineering Manager role at Twilio is about shipping high-quality products and providing team leadership.
- Partner with the Technical Lead to make long-term architectural decisions about Twilio's billing platform.
- Take personal responsibility as the delivery manager and set clear expectations for Finance and R&D billing integrations.
- Work directly with Technical Lead and Product Manager to track velocity and plan sprints for the engineering team.
- Manage & grow a world-class team of engineers that think about the customer experience.
- Manage quarterly deliverables with highly-visible and effective communications with Senior Management in R&D and Finance departments.
- Establish operational excellence framework and build Metrics to drive progress towards building highly scalable & resilient platform.
- Manage your direct reports in an empathetic, high-touch way, including weekly/bi-weekly 1:1s. Coach and unblock them on a daily basis. Encourage and teach them to drive to complete key objectives. Assist in their longer term career and skills development. Excite them with new challenges and opportunities.
- Minimum of 4 years as a manager or technical lead with a prior background in hands-on software engineering. You're not necessarily a software engineer today, but you've definitely written code before.
- You've managed, led or written code for a billing, marketplace, payments or accounting team.
- Proven track record as an engineering leader for a team with 5+ members.
- Stellar communication, organization and management skills.
- Deep knowledge of agile software development processes and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins and Jira.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done - you are a DOer.
- Passionate about business models and financial systems.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of data warehouse systems, data management, ETL and big data.
- You still write code for fun.
- You have experience writing backend services and distributed systems.
- You geek out on improving velocity and organizing team processes.
- You have created processes in Confluence/Jira following agile software development practices.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.