Engineering Manager - Billing, Test PlatformApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. QA Manager/Director in Billing Team to be a key leader to build Test framework that developers can use internally within our Billing Platform or by the entire Twilio developer community. As a Software QA Manager you will work with developers across the organization to build test frameworks to improve our team’s productivity . You will join a team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. We work within a fast-paced, driven, and flexible work environment that allows for both professional growth, as well as unwinding through team events like happy hours and outdoor activities. Reporting to the Vice President of our Billing Platform, this position is critical and will build tools and framework that will not only be used by the Billing Team but other teams within Twilio.
Twilio’s Billing Platform is looking for a Engineering leader with a demonstrated track record of building testing framework. As a leader, you have experience:
- Developing, refactoring and extending Twilio’s Billing Platform testing frameworks to test all features that are going into production. Yes, hands on coding is a must for this role.
- Build CI/CD pipelines to facilitate the goal of testing every feature/build and show those results up on a wall-mounted monitor in real-time so they can admire your handy-work. Jenkins will be your best friend!
- Build tools to cause waves on each layer to find application loopholes. This will be the time you show off your skills to our developers!
- Performance/Load/Soak/Scale testing in the cloud. Show how easy and seamless this can be!
- Provide constructive feedback to your engineering team for their PRs because you want your framework to be impressive.
- Optimize every application so that it does what it suppose to do, all the time at the speed of light.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related equivalent experience required.
As Engineering Manager:
- You are comfortable in managing a team of QA engineers and are committed to make every team member do their best.
- You live and breath in the world of QA Automation and DevOps
- You have a strong command of a scripting language or three and the ability to write automated tests, scripts, and tools.
- You have built frameworks from the ground up. We are talking about open-source, scrappy, from nothing kind of frameworks.
- Hands on coding experience is required to be successful at this job
- Thorough knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure and tools
- Work with automated build / continuous-integration systems like Jenkins or Chef.
- Comfortable with modern systems development life cycle including agile methodologies. You will be scrumming with a team.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of curiosity and the ability to ask lots of questions.
Billing Platform team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We are a horizontal platform and every single penny of our revenue flows through the billing platform. We have a high transaction volume that is processed in real time.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in our beautiful Mountain View office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.