Engineering Manager - Intelligent Routing APIApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced engineering leader. You would managing and growing a development team at the heart of Twilio’s business. This team owns, builds, and operates TaskRouter - the beating heart of Twilio Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center for large enterprise. TaskRouter is a routing engine powered by a complex state machine that operates at a massive scale.
- You have a track record of leading engineering or operations teams in software companies
- You understand how to lead and build a team that operates distributed systems at scale
- You are passionate about operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers in our SF office. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- Represent your team’s operational maturity to Twilio’s technology executives and to product teams across the company
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Tech Leads, and Architects to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent
Twilio Flex lies at the heart of the Twilio’s strategic priorities. In this role you have the unique opportunity to operate a standalone product and influence Twilio’s newest and fastest growing product that sits atop of it. You would be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.