Engineering Manager - Programmable MessagingApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a talented and experienced engineering leader who is excited at the opportunity to lead future efforts in the Programmable Messaging team. As a manager of a core product at Twilio, this role must expertly navigate operations, scale, and innovation on business critical systems while constructing and motivating a high performing team of engineers.
- You thrive as a champion for your team, setting individuals up for success and putting others’ growth first.
- You are passionate about operational excellence and know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- You understand the architecture and processes required to build and operate always available complex and scalable distributed systems in cloud and DevOps environments.
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- We expect you to understand customer requirements and be able to work and communicate with other Engineering, Sales or Support teams across the organization.
- As a pragmatist, you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers in Programmable Messaging. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Own and operate on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
The Programmable Messaging team build products that enable text message communication to reach hundreds of millions of people every day. You will be presented with countless growth opportunities as you help build a messaging platform that solves the communication problems of today and the future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.