Engineering Manager - Twilio FlexApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a talented and experienced engineering leader who is excited at the opportunity to lead the Engineering team in our newest office in Prague, Czech Republic. This team owns, builds and operates the services that power analytics, reporting, speech and text analysis technology used in Twilio Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center platform.
- You have a track record of leading engineering/IT or operations teams in software companies.
- You are passionate about operational excellence and know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- You understand the architecture and processes required to build and operate always available complex and scalable distributed systems, data pipelines in cloud and DevOps environments.
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- We expect you to understand customer requirements and be able to work and communicate with other Engineering, Sales or Support teams across the organization.
- As a pragmatist, you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers in our Prague office. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well architected and supportable code. Lead reviews of architecture design.
- Break down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll help provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office Prague (Karlin), Czech Republic. You should expect the normal perks and environment which is common in a modern knowledge based company. Occasional travel to the San Francisco based headquarters and our offices in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia is something that you should be able to accommodate as well. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tallinn and Prague.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.