Engineering Tech Lead - Support ToolsApply
Twilio is the leading cloud communications platform that empowers you to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world. We provide the building blocks they need to innovate such as voice, video, messaging, and authentication. We revel in seeing the creative new ways our tools are used.
About the job:
At Twilio, we want to change the way developers and builders at companies of all sizes think about support and how it can accelerate their time to market using our platform. This team will build a new suite of support products that span from support packages all the way to self-learning discovery products.
As the Tech Lead you will drive the technical effort to design, develop, deploy and operate Twilio's support product offerings. You will ensure continuous operation at scale to meet high availability goals, focusing on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
What does it take to succeed:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with key contributors across the organization such as product, design, customer experience and sales
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working with critical systems
- Experience in Node.js or Python
- Shown foundation in algorithms, data structures, and OO design.
- You thrive in an energizing environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- You have experience shipping complex platforms with highly engaging UX interfaces.
- Computer Science or similar degree is a plus.
- No experience in telecoms is required.
- You have a background in SOA or distributed systems design.
- You have built a REST API.
- You build your infrastructure on AWS.
- You are excited about learning new technologies.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.