Enterprise Security EngineerApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Trust & Security team is responsible for ensuring a safe computing environment across Twilio’s complex global network. The Enterprise security team is tasked with managing and deploying the tools that make it possible for all of our employees to securely access the resources they need to fuel the future of communications.
Twilio is looking for an enterprise security engineer who can execute on our Enterprise Security strategy across the company. The ideal candidate is equally at home in the trenches with IT configuring policy settings on systems and building relationships with business leaders understanding their challenges and working with them to identify secure solutions to solve problems. This candidate likely has:
- 3+ years experience in an IT security role (or similar), preferably a technology company, and more preferably a company that is heavily reliant on SaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Working knowledge of secure networking concepts, VPN, Zero Trust, and basic LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Experience configuring and deploying endpoint security tools and MDM solutions.
- Deep understanding of system internals on MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Ability to write basic scripts in Shell, Powershell, or other administrative automation frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
As a member of Twilio’s Trust & Security team, you can expect challenges like:
- Defining policies and procedures to secure corporate systems and networks, endpoints, personal devices, and anything else you can think of.
- Evaluating new technologies, languages, or vendor solutions to determine whether they fit our needs.
- Working with engineers across the company to understand how security tools and policies directly impact their productivity.
- Collaborating with other Trust & Security team leaders to build a strong, diverse, and amazing security team.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.