Front-End / Full-Stack Software Engineer - MessagingApply
Twilio is looking for a full-stack developer to join the team that drives the messaging experience. In partnership with the messaging product team, the Messaging Experience team builds a rich and user friendly front end for one of our most widely used products. The team experiments in implementations involving dynamic front development and deep product interactivity. The right candidate is someone looking to work in a high-velocity environment and constantly pushing the boundary on improving product experience.
About the Job:
- You drive full stack development with an emphasis on User-experience.
- You're driven to iterate. Twilio ships code every six hours. You read that as a challenge.
- You have strong coding and analytical skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance needs, object oriented design and product quality in SaaS/Cloud applications.
- You love building and delivering the best user experience to customers.
- Work with test-driven development practices and worked with testing tools such as Jest, NightWatch and Selenium frameworks to maximize code quality.
- Development, testing and deployment of the Twilio Messaging Console/User-Experience.
- Build both frontend and backend services, along with integration of its downstreams and dependencies.
- Execute project deliverables in an agile and scrum method driven environment.
- Work in a DevOps modeled team; you build, you test, you run and you own the service in a 24/7 environment.
- Collaborate with TechLeads, product managers and engineers teams to create solutions that increase the platform's value.
- Create technical specifications, prototypes and presentations to communicate your ideas.
- Highly motivated and extreme sense of ownership and responsibility towards project needs and customer issues.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus 2 years experience.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of technologies and trends in the messaging and communication as a service models.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST